1.8
Style and Design

Never give Gannett your credit card number. They will overcharge you.

When called, they will promise to correct but never do. You can call your credit card company to dispute but Gannett convinces them that charge is legit because Gannett will never put anything in writing. They want to do everything by phone and repeatedly promise to correct the overcharges. I finally had to cancel my credit card and get a new number issued to stop the Gannett bogus charges.

They are liars and cheats. I will never give them a credit card number again. Gannett will not even allow anyone to go directly to the local newspaper to discuss the dispute.

The front door of the local newspaper even has a large sign stating that customers need to call Gannett's 800 number. The woman on the front desk seemed to know about hundreds of other pissed off Gannett customers.

Review about: Gannett Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I have the same problem. Gannett's Florida Today whacked me for a newspaper rate increase to $53/month, from $35 overnight, with no notice!

When I tried everything to cancel, including sitting on hold for 20-30 minutes (twice), and returning the remittance coupon with the the words "CANCEL NOW" written in large print. Gannett/FT continued to charge me.After three months I received a call from their telemarketing operation. The young man promised me a rate of $25 per month. I refused and told him I wanted a refund of the overcharges.

Finally I agreed to $25 per month for one year if they credited me the first month.

Three months later Gannett/Florida Today continues to overcharge my credit card $53. It is a corrupt and incompetent company that traffics in fake news, lies, innuendo, distortions and omissions - all for $53 per month, and you can never leave!