2.3
Style and Design

I received a $249.01 bill for USA Today on 8-1-16 billed to my Mastercard. When I started receiving USA today I told the carrier I had not ordered it and to stop delivery.

I called Gannet and my credit card carrier to dispute the charge. I sent a dispute letter to Chase and a letter dated 10-3-16 from Chase stated that they'd be sending a dispute form. As of 10-28-16, no dispute form has been received and no further contact from Gannet to resolve the problem.When I went to Chase's site to print out a dispute form, I couldn't find one. When I went to contact them via their "contact us" site, I couldn't.

You have to register your account to contact them, and I don't want to register my site.

This is a headache I don't need. I'm 78 and have had 2 major surgeries in the past 2 months, and just last week I found out my daughter has breast cancer.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue at Gannett. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $250 and wants Gannett to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service and being billed for item not purchased. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Gannett and gannett customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1233532

You must have given them your card info at some point or they wouldn't have the info to bill you on it. Contact your card company and find out what happened to your dispute.

These things take time as they await a response from Gannett. You do not have to pay the disputed amount until the matter is resolved but you need to verify with your card company that a dispute is, indeed on file. If Gannett comes back and says you do owe it, you will have to decide whether to pay it or not. If you really don't owe it, then don't pay it.

Period. At your age, why would you worry about it?