I subscribe to two Gannett e-papers: USA Today and the Detroit Free Press. Customer Service is lousy because:
(1) If you subscribe to more than one Gannett paper, customer reps often confuse the subscriptions. They NEVER begin by asking which newspaper you're talking about.
(1) it can be reached only by phone (!), NO CHAT, NO EMAIL responses to queries. You only get replies telling you to call their 800-number.
(2) Few things can be done online. You cannot subscribe or find out when your subscription expires, which almost every other newspaper is set up so you can do it electronically.
(3) Its phone hours are awful for people who work regular hours. You can call them ONLY M-F 8am-7pm, SA 7am-11am ET and SU 7am-2pm.
(4) Wait times for Customer Service can be very long with no information on how long you may need to wait on hold.
(5) When you request a supervisor return your call (even in the U.S.), you never get the promised call.
(6) Everything is even worse for travelers or people living abroad, because:
(a) 800- numbers in U.S. cannot be dialed from many countries, and USAT does not provide a collect phone number
(b) Phone hours, , all in the Eastern Time Zone, are horrible if you are several time zones away.
Reviewer is in unhappy mood. muirms is quite happy with newspaper itself and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of gannett customer care. Gannett needs to "improve customer service by adding online subscription, chat, and other e-services" according to poster's claims.